4 Fancy strawberry desserts: Simple and delicious
Almost-instant strawberry shortcake
1 store-bought angel food cake or pound cake
2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced and sweetened to taste (reserve 4 or 5 large strawberries for garnish)
1/2 pint heavy cream, whipped, or 1 cup whipped topping, if desired
- Cut angel food cake or pound cake horizontally into three slices
- Starting with the bottom layer, spoon one-third of the sweetened strawberries on cake;
- Cover with next cake layer; spoon one-third of sweetened strawberries on top
- Place top of cake over other two layers; spoon remaining strawberries on top
- Decorate with 8 or 10 dollops of whipped cream or whipped topping, if desired.
- Slice remaining strawberries in half, lengthwise; place on top of each dollop whipped cream or topping; serve immediately
Strawberry topping for cheesecake, or for parfaits
Makes about 2 cups
2 pints strawberries, washed and hulled
1/4 cup sugar, or to taste
- Mash or puree one pint of strawberries in food processor; transfer to bowl; stir in sugar
- Halve or quarter remaining strawberries; add to bowl.
- Spoon strawberry topping over store-bought cheesecake, or spoon between layers of low-fat yogurt or ice cream, in parfait glasses; top with strawberry puree.
|Go to Page 1|
You may also enjoy:
- Trendy, chocolate-y desserts
- 5 easy gourmet ice cream desserts
- Fancy dessert dips: Fast, pretty, healthy
- Pretty and easy puff pastry shell desserts