Personally-Identifiable and Aggregate Information Defined
When we refer to "aggregate information" we mean information that does not allow us to identify or contact a specific individual but describes a general category of information about visitors to the Sites, such as demographics, purchase categories, if any, or visitors' use of a particular browser to access the Sites.
JBA Media Group, LLC may ask you for personally-identifiable information in certain cases. For example, we request personally-identifiable information when you register for membership on the Sites. Members also are asked to create Passwords.
Registration is required in order for you to access all information and features of some or all of the Sites. It also enables you to participate in certain activities on the Sites, such as posting messages to Message Boards, and enjoying special benefits that may be offered to members only. Personally identifiable information may also be requested in connection with contests, games, opinion polls, surveys, or for other services that require registration or subscription, such as "Send to a Friend" e-mail forwarding services, "Special Occasion Reminder Services," or e-newsletters that JBA Media Group, LLC, offers or will offer in the future.
As part of our efforts to maintain the integrity of and improve these Sites, we collect and analyze information about how visitors use the Sites. Collecting this data helps us to improve the features and functionality of the Sites. Furthermore, collection of aggregate data permits us to identify current Site usage and trends for purposes of research or to share with prospective advertisers, sponsors, and other business affiliates.
If you are under the age of 13 (12 or younger), you may not provide any information about yourself to this Web site or any Web sites operated by JBA Media Group, LLC. While you may view content on these sites, you may not register with the sites, enter any of our contests or sweepstakes, or participate in any of our public discussion areas, including forums, bulletin boards, message boards or to participate in any other activities that would let you enter information about yourself. If we learn that you have provided information about yourself to this or any of our Web sites, we will delete such information.
To subscribe to newsletters and to participate in other activities where personal information is divulged on our teen oriented sites, you must be 13 or older. Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 should get the permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before posting personal information or subscribing to any Magazine(s) or Newsletter(s) that may be offered on our sites. For important information on protecting your safety online, visit Teen Safety on the Information Highway.
The sites covered by this policy are not intended for use by children under age 13. JBA Media Group will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from kids under 13. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any personal information, post comments or content, enter our contests or sweepstakes, or otherwise use our public discussion areas, including but not limited to forums, bulletin boards, or Message Boards, or participate in any other activities that would let them enter personal information about themselves.
Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 are encouraged to get the permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before posting personal information or subscribing to any Magazine(s) or Newsletter(s)that may be offered on our site(s). For important information on protecting your teen's safety online, visit Teen Safety on the Information Highway.
How We Collect Information
When you view the Sites, we may store some information on your computer in the form of a "Cookie" or similar file. A Cookie is an element of data that a web site can send to your browser, and which can be stored on your hard drive. Having Cookies stored in your hard drive enables our Web sites to recognize you when you return to the Sites, and allows you to more easily communicate and interact with the Sites. It also allows us to accurately measure the number of visitors to our site, either on our own, or via a third-party with whom we may contract to accurately measure site traffic. Most Internet browsers permit you to erase Cookies from your computer's hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or "Help" screen to learn more about these functions. If you delete or otherwise prevent your computer from storing our cookies, you may find it more difficult to use our Sites.
How We Use Personally-Identifiable Information
When you provide us with personally-identifiable information, JBA Media Group, LLC may:
- Store and process that information to better understand your needs and how we can improve your experiences on our Sites, as well our products and services;
- Use that information to contact you for informational, marketing, and promotional purposes;
- Disclose that information to third parties when we have reason to believe that disclosing the information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with the rights or property (either intentionally or unintentionally) of JBA Media Group, LLC, Celebrate with Style, LLC, other members or users of the Web Sites, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities;
- Disclose that information to third parties when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; Disclose that information to third parties when we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to enforce the Terms and Conditions;
- Disclose that information when we contract with a third party to deliver e-mail on our behalf or provide other services involving list update or list maintenance; and
- Disclose that information if and when certain activities and services become available on the Sites and those activities and services are provided by third parties. For example, if and when we offer products for sale and you choose to purchase a product from us, we may use an outside vendor to process and ship the order to you. In this instance, we would need to provide your shipping address to this entity.
- Disclose that information if and when you request information about services or promotions that may be offered through a partnership or affiliation with another company in what we call a "co-branded" or "co-sponsored" area of our site. If you request information about or from our partners, affiliates, or sponsors, or visit a co-branded or sponsor-specific area of the Site, JBA Media Group, LLC and Celebrate with Style, LLC may disclose, and if so, you give permission for us to disclose, information about you (such as your e-mail address) to the partner, affiliate, or sponsor.
Send to a friend
Opting out of receiving e-mail promotions from JBA Media Group, LLC and/or Celebrate with Style, LLC
You may choose not to receive promotional emails or e-newsletters from us by: a) following the "Unsubscribe" instructions at the bottom of the specific e-mail from which you wish to opt-out; or b) visiting the Unsubscribe page on our site. Even if you choose to stop receiving promotional e-mails from us, we may still contact you to tell you important information about us or the Site(s).
The importance of security for all personally-identifiable information associated with our users and members is of utmost concern to us. While JBA Media Group, LLC and Celebrate with Style, LLC strive to protect your information and privacy, unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, JBA Media Group, LLC, and Celebrate with Style, LLC cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or information we transmit to you.
Neither can we guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online - e.g., via participation in Message Boards - the information you disclose can be collected and used by people you don't know. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information; you do so at your own risk.
Your account on any of the Sites is password-protected so that only you can access it and view the member information relevant to the account. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone.
JBA Media Group, LLC, and Celebrate with Style, LLC will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or e-mail. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any account information. To help prevent others from accessing your personal information, such as in the case of your using a computer at a public library or other public location, remember to shut down your browser window when you have finished your online activity.
Linking to other sites
Changing your personal information
If you wish to remove or change some personally-identifiable information, you may do so by editing your profile. (Please note: Removing some or all of your personally-identifiable information may limit your ability to access some or all of the features and services of the Sites.)
Protection of your information
JBA Media Group, LLC, and Celebrate with Style, LLC take reasonable precautions to safeguard information transmitted between visitors and the Sites and information stored on our servers. Despite these efforts, however, we may be unable to prevent and shall not be responsible for any unauthorized access to such information.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If notification is appropriate, we would attempt to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent that we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail.
Our address is 4 Devon Road, Great Neck, NY 11023. Our phone number is 516-487-3410.
Thank you for visiting www.celebratewithstyle.com, or one of the other sites owned and operated by JBA Media Group, LLC!
Last revised: June 3, 2010.