Trendy, chocolate-y desserts
Lots of new recipes from Godiva Chocolatier incorporate the hottest (and most decadent!) trends in desserts.
Here, we've adapted three easy-to-make chocolate treats that are almost as much fun to make as they are to eat.
8 regular ice cream waffle cones
10 bars of dark Chocolate
1. Place chocolate bars in microwave-safe bowl.
2. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate is softened. Stir until smooth.
3. Dip the wide end of the cone in the bowl of chocolate.
4. Place your favorite truffle on the top and allow the chocolate-dipped cone to cool.
6. Serve upright in a bowl filled with coffee beans.
Cocoa shots on ice
Serves 8 (with lots of refills)
4 cups (1 quart) milk
12 Tbs. cocoa
- Bring milk to a simmer, making sure not to boil.
- Pour milk into large cup or mug and stir in cocoa.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Fill shot glasses with cocoa.
- Arrange shot glasses over a bed of ice and serve
8 medium bananas
8 wooden "craft" sticks
14 dark chocolate bars (1.5 ounces each), chopped
4 Tbs. vegetable shortening
Toppings: granola, chopped nuts, sprinkles, crushed cookies, candy or cereal
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Cut about 1 inch from one end of each banana.
- Insert a craft stick into each banana. Place on waxed paper and place bananas in freezer for 1 hour.
- Place chocolate and shortening in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate is softened. Stir until smooth. Place desired topping into large flat plates.
- Remove bananas from freezer and dip into melted chocolate, spooning it on to completely cover. Let excess drip off.
- Roll bananas into desired topping. Place on waxed paper and freeze. Once frozen, store in airtight container in freezer.
Variation: Using small metal spatula, spread peanut butter onto banana before first freeze. Continue to dip into chocolate and desired toppings.
Images and recipes from Godiva Chocolatier
You may also enjoy:
- Pretty and easy puff pastry shell desserts
- 5 easy gourmet ice cream desserts
- Fancy dessert dips: Fast, pretty, healthy
- 4 fancy strawberry desserts: Simple and delicious