Tiny ham and pineapple pot pies
Serves 16 peices
1/2 cup finely chopped cooked ham
2 oz finely shredded Swiss cheese (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple, well drained
1 Tbs. finely chopped green onion (1 medium)
1/2 tsp. ground mustard
1 box (15 oz) refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. sesame seed, if desired
- Heat oven to 450 degrees (425 degrees for dark pans).
- In small bowl, mix ham, cheese, pineapple, onion and mustard; set aside.
- Remove crusts from pouches; unroll on work surface. From each crust, cut eight 3-inch rounds and eight 2-inch rounds, rerolling crusts if necessary. Press 3-inch rounds in bottoms and up sides of 16 ungreased miniature muffin cups so edges of crusts extend slightly over sides of cups.
- Spoon about 1 rounded tablespoon ham mixture into each crust-lined cup. Brush edges of crust lightly with beaten egg.
- Cut small vent in each 2-inch pie-crust round. Place 1 round over filling in each cup; press edges together, pushing toward cup so crust does not extend over sides. Brush top crusts with beaten egg. Sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown. Remove from muffin cups. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Source: Adapted from Pillsbury