Wearing heels that are sexy and comfortable
Before and during the party:
- Be sure to get padded cushioning for under the balls of your feet, and toes, if possible.
- Be sure your toenails are well trimmed—the pressure of cramped shoes on long nails can be excruciating
- Wear your new high heels for several hours before your big event
- Tuck band-aids and gel pads in your purse, to use at the first sign of pain
- Try not to wear stilletos for more than 3 hours at a time
- Be extremely careful when dancing; losing your balance can cause not only an embarrassing tumble, but serious and painful sprains and breaks.
- Don't give your feet a chance to swell; instead of sitting for extended periods of time, stand and walk occasionally during the party. You look great--so get up and strut your stuff!