Asiago and pepperoni puff pastry pizzas
Serves 24 pizzas
2 oz. sliced pepperoni (about 24 slices), cut into small dice
1/2 cup aged Asiago cheese, grated
3/4 tsp. dried thyme
3/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/8 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, defrosted
Flour for dusting work surface
2 Tbs. honey-Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix pepperoni, cheese, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Prepare Puff Pastry: Flour your work surface and roll out puff pastry to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Using a 2 1/2 inch circle pastry cutter, cut out 24 rounds.
- Transfer rounds to parchment-lined sheet pan and prick each circle 3 times with a fork. Cover with another sheet of parchment paper and set a baking sheet on top. Bake pastry for about 10 minutes, and then remove top sheet pan and parchment and bake until browned, about 5 more minutes.
- Bake Puff Pastry: Bake pastry for about 10 minutes, and then remove top sheet pan and parchment and bake until browned, about 5 more minutes.
- When pastry is cool enough to handle, brush tops with mustard.
- Top pastry with a heaping teaspoon of cheese mixture. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve: Garnish each pizza with a sprig of thyme and serve.
Source: Adapted from Parties That Cook