Oscar viewing party
Fancy desserts, such as luxurious individual molten chocolate cakes, will make your guests feel extra special.
Chocolate Molten Cakes
8 4-oz. disposable aluminum cups
Melted butter, for brushing
5 oz. bittersweet chocolate, cut into chunks
5 oz. unsalted butter
3 egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
3 Tbs. all-purpose flour, sifted
Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream (optional)
- Butter the inside of the foil cups. Arrange on a baking tray; reserve.
- In a bowl, combine the chocolate and butter. Melt over a double boiler.
- In a mixer bowl, using a wire whisk, beat together the eggs, egg yolks, and sugar for 3 minutes over medium speed. Add the warm chocolate and butter mixture. Mix at low speed until well blended. Stir in the flour.
- Divide the batter evenly into the 8 prepared foil cups. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 5 minutes. Turn baking tray and continue to bake another 3 minutes. When the sides feel firm, while center should still be very moist, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- To serve, flip out the cake from the foil cup and place on dessert plate. Serve immediately, with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
MORE GREAT DESSERTS
Image source: Chocolate molten cake by rpslee on Flick.com