Make great (and pretty) sandwiches for parties
Make Great (and pretty) Sandwiches for Parties
If you've ever been served sandwiches at a party, you know that the best sandwiches for parties are often those you've created, yourself. As a host or hostess, let your guests help themselves to exactly what they want to put on their party sandwiches. Guaranteed to please!
The fact is, an appealing and cost-effective alternative to buying ready-made sandwiches or wraps is to take advantage of today's customization craze.
Let guests choose from among a variety of breads. In addition to tortillas for wraps, offer:
- Flat breads
- Marbleized rye
- Pumpernickel, and
- Corn bread.
Gourmet meats and cheeses: Overlap slices or roll delicious deli meats that include:
- Honey-roasted, cracked pepper, or Cajun-spiced turkey
- Richly scented Black Forest ham
- Freshly sliced pepperoni, sopresata, or other types of salami.
Put together an attractive array of any of the following cheeses:
- Monterey Jack
- Pepper jack
- Meunster, and
- Fresh mozzarella slices.
Savory sandwich spreads: Offer guests such condiment spreadables as:
- Roasted red pepper or olive tapenade
- Grainy country mustard
- Guacamole, and
- Wasabi mayonnaise.
Top-drawer toppings: Complete the selection with a multitude of toppings that guests can add to their creations. Put out a plate of lettuce leaves, along with bowls or a platter of:
- Sliced or chopped fresh tomatoes
- Red onion rings or chopped scallions
- Oil-marinated sun dried tomatoes
- Crumbled feta or shredded cheddar cheese
- Crisp chopped bacon or bacon bits--and, for the daring,
- Chopped jalapeños or other hot peppers.