Healthy ideas: Healthy side dishes for barbecues
Confetti California Avocado Slaw
8 oz. cabbage, chopped
2/3 cup black beans, drained, rinsed
2/3 cup corn (drained, if canned)
1/4 cup red onion, diced
3 Tbs. red bell peppers, diced
3 Tbs. green bell peppers, diced
1 Tbs. jalapeño pepper, minced
1 tsp. cumin
2 ripe avocados, diced
- Combine together: cabbage, black beans, corn, red onion, red and green bell peppers, jalapeño, and cumin seed.
- Dice avocado as needed. Add avocado and dressing.
- Stir to distribute and serve on line.
2 ripe avocados
2 1/4 cups ranch dressing
½ cup parsley, fresh, chopped, packed
- Dice avocado.
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Label, date and refrigerate.
*Note: A large avocado, sometimes called a 40 count or a 48 count avocado averages about 8 oz. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Recipe adapted from and photo by the California Avocado Commission