5 easy gourmet ice cream desserts
PRALINE PEACH BROWNIE SUNDAES
Adapted from and photo source: Pillsbury
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup whipping (heavy) cream
2 Tbs. margarine or butter
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup pecan pieces
2 peaches, peeled, sliced
6 purchased frosted brownies
1 1/2 pints (3 cups) ice cream
- In medium saucepan, heat brown sugar, whipping cream, margarine and cinnamon over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved and margarine is melted.
- Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla, pecans and peaches. Cool 10 minutes.
- Place brownies in individual dessert bowls or plates. Top each with 1/2 cup ice cream and 1/4 cup sauce.
CHOCOLATE DREAM SUNDAE
Adapted from and photo source: Raley's
3 cups good quality vanilla ice cream
6 Tbs. grated milk chocolate
1 cup fresh raspberries
6 Tbs. crème de cacao (optional)
- Soften ice cream slightly in the microwave for a few seconds and stir in grated chocolate; freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- Sprinkle a few raspberries into the bottom of a glass and top with ice cream. Drizzle with crème de cacao and top with remaining raspberries.
Note: You can substitute other flavors, such as a lemon- or orange-flavored liqueur for the crème de cacao.
Here are some ice cream related items you may want to consider to help you entertain:
You may also enjoy:
- Trendy, chocolate-y desserts
- Pretty and easy puff pastry shell desserts
- Fancy dessert dips: Fast, pretty, healthy
- 4 fancy strawberry desserts: Simple and delicious