Fancy desserts: 4 Fancy strawberry desserts
1 quart of large, plump strawberries
16 oz. white, dark, or semi-sweet chocolate morsels or solid chocolate chopped into small pieces*
- Wash strawberries, leaving stems attached.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over hot water. Stir constantly to prevent scorching. Dip the strawberries at least halfway into the chocolate and place them on wax paper.
- Refrigerate the strawberries to allow the chocolate to set (at least 10 minutes). Eat them the same day you make them. (For a super-stylish presentation, arrange the strawberries on a beautiful serving dish, or in a small, shallow gift box lined with tissue paper.)
*Note: If you prefer chocolate that's flavored with rum or fruit liqueur, such as Chambord, add about 1/4 cup of liqueur to melted chocolate just before dipping strawberries.
Photo originally posted by benyeh2 on flickr
Easy Belle Femme (Strawberries in wine)
1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled and washed
6 oz. wine
1 oz. brandy
3 tsp. sugar
- Combine the wine, brandy, and sugar. Pour over the strawberries
- Chill overnight; serve in wine glasses or martini glasses.